Sex Discrimination Lawyer Throughout New York and Long Island
Sexual Discrimination in the Workplace
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act specifically prohibits sex discrimination in the workplace. At Leeds Brown Law, PC, our employment law attorneys fight sex discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace. If you believe you have been sexually discriminated against or subjected to sexual harassment in the workplace, an experienced sex discrimination lawyer can help you protect your rights and legal interests. You should not be required to put up with sex discrimination or sexual harassment in the workplace. Leeds Brown Law, P.C., has extensive experience with sex discrimination claims. Our efforts have resulted in millions of dollars in monetary and non monetary compensation for employees throughout Long Island and NYC.
Request Free Consultation
Please fill out the form below to receive a free consultation, we will respond to
your inquiry within 24-hours guaranteed.
Some Common Examples Sex Discrimination or Sexual Harassment Claims
The following common actions could give rise to a discrimination or sexual harassment claim:
- Sex-discrimination involving hiring — If your qualifications are the same or superior to other applicants, but you were passed on because the company (or its customers) was more comfortable dealing with someone of a different gender, you may have a sex discrimination claim.
- Sex-discrimination involving firing If your qualifications are substantially similar or superior to those of your co-workers or peers, but you were fired because of your gender, you may have a sex discrimination claim.
- Sex-discrimination involving promotions — If you were passed over for promotion because of your sex, that is sex discrimination. If you were passed over for promotion because you refused sexual advances or refused a quid pro quo (sex for promotion) offer from your boss, then you may have a sexual harassment claim as well.
- Sex-discrimination involving benefits — If you are not receiving the same benefits at work as your counterpart of another gender, or if you are denied maternity leave or other disability benefits provided to co-workers of another gender, then you may have a claim for sex discrimination.
- Sex-discrimination involving job classifications — If you are not receiving the pay and grade for the increased work you perform, while your counterparts of another sex are receiving an increase in pay or new job title for their increased workload, you may have a claim for sex discrimination.
- Sexual harassment in the workplace — If you are the recipient of unwanted touching, repeated requests for dates, sexual innuendos or comments about your physical attributes, or if you are being subjected to jokes or talk of a sexual nature that make you uncomfortable, then you may have a claim for sexual harassment in the workplace.
At Leeds Brown Law, PC our employment law attorneys have extensive experience in handling employment-related disputes, including sex discrimination and sexual harassment claims.
Our employment law representation extends to clients throughout Long Island and elsewhere in the New York City metropolitan area, as well as across the country.We would be happy to discuss your sex discrimination or sexual harassment matter in confidence, and provide free consultations to answer your questions and evaluate your claim. Contact one of our experienced sex discrimination lawyers today to discover how we can help you.
Leeds Brown Law, PC is a New York City area litigation firm committed to integrity, professionalism, vigorous advocacy and getting results in a variety of legal practice areas, particularly in the areas of civil rights and employment discrimination.
Contact Leeds Brown Law, P.C. | (212) 661-8730 | (516) 873-9550 Long Island and New York City Sex Discrimination Lawyer | Leeds Brown Law, P.C., located in Nassau County as well as New York City, offer high-quality legal services and representation to clients throughout the five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island. Our services extend throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County, including, but not limited to: the Northshore, the Southshore, and areas such as Garden City, Carle Place, Hempstead, Mineola, Melville, Westbury, Hicksville, Levittown, Freeport, Massapequa, Valley Stream, Long Beach, Glen Cove, Syosset, Huntington, Bayside, Forest Hills, Manhasset, Whitestone, Commack, Brentwood, Riverhead, and the Hamptons.